Bistecca alla Fiorentina is a real treat, but who doesn’t love a good native breed barbecued steak.
This cut is inspired by the Italian cut from Florence aka Bistecca alla Fiorentina. The steak cut became popular in the Medici era and was sought after by the British in the 19th century. We have decided to introduce this amazing steak, offering you a chance to escape on holiday via the miracle of food, wine and good company.
Yorkshire beef is some of the finest in the whole of the UK. Selected from herds across this large historic county. Here at Waterford Farm, we farm our own special Grass-fed, slow-grown cattle. We farm and age native and continental breeds. As a result, we can meet the various demands of our chefs. Secondly, we have a fantastic network of farmers who all supply us with incredible grass-fed beef.
Pack weight of approximately 1.5kg
Our Recommended Cooking Instructions:
- These prime cuts are suited to fast, direct methods of cooking such as, barbecuing, and are best served rare to medium rare, with each steak feeding 2 very hungry folk or 3-4 less hungry soles.
- Preheat a barbecue or grill to high. Season with sea salt.
- Place onto the hot grill and cook for 3-5 minutes before turning and cooking for a further 3-5 minutes. You can stand these steaks on the bone for a further 2-3 minutes to cook.
- For a perfect medium rare the steak should be 40°C in the centre. If you prefer your steak a little more cooked, simply move to a cooler part of the grill and cook for a further few minutes.
- Rest for 10 minutes before carving off the bone and then slicing into 1cm thick strips. Add some more salt if needed.
Try next… Our beautiful Salt Aged Two Rib of Beef!
Join our community on Instagram! Give us a follow @randjyorkshiresfinest.