8oz Salt Aged Rib Eye Steaks are taken from the fore rib of beef which is positioned on the shoulder of the animal.
These steaks consist of a high level of creamy fat and marbling and are some of the most flavoursome steaks.
We use a chef prep spec for our Rib Eye steaks, removing them from the bone, once aged and tightly wrapping them to create a cylindrical appearance.
Yorkshire beef is some of the finest in the whole of the UK. Selected from herds across this large historic county. Here at Waterford Farm, we farm our own special Grass-fed, slow grown cattle. We farm and age native and continental breeds. As a result, we can meet the various demands of our chefs.
Pack weight to range between 430-470g
Our recommended cooking instructions:
- Remove and pat down the Steaks from the fridge 60 minutes pre-cooking to get to room temperature.
- Heat a heavy-based pan till very hot, and add some beef dripping.
- Season the steak with salt and black pepper.
- Cook the Rib Eye for approx 2- minutes on either side for medium-rare.
- You are looking for a golden crust to form. Once a crust has formed, throw in some butter, thyme, garlic and rosemary and baste the steak for 1 minute a side.
- Remove the steak from heat and allow to rest for 10 minutes lightly under foil.
Try next… Our delicious sharing Salt Aged Two Rib of Beef!
Join our community on Instagram! Give us a follow @randjyorkshiresfinest.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ – Jane
A treat for us and we love them