Yorkshire’s Finest 8oz Salt Aged Sirloin Steak, as the name suggests, is taken from the loin of the animal.
‘Loin, we dub thee knight; henceforward be Sir Loin!”
The Sirloin Steak was potentially named by King Charles II or Henry VIII, who was served it and enjoyed it so much he knighted the steak Sir Loin. This is however more than likely a myth but still a fun one.
Our 8oz Salt Aged Sirloin Steak consists of a top layer of beautiful flavoursome fat and quite often marbling running throughout the soft, tasty meat. We age these steaks on the bone, this process develops incredible flavour and a great texture.
Yorkshire beef is some of the finest in the whole of the UK. Selected from herds across this large historic county. Here at Waterford Farm, we farm our own special Grass-fed, slow grown cattle. We farm and age native and continental breeds. As a result, we can meet the various demands of our chefs.
Pack weight to range between 430-470g
Our recommended cooking instructions:
- Heat the BBQ or pan till very hot
- Remove the Steaks from the fridge for 30-60 minutes pre-cooking to get to room temperature.
- Season with oil, salt and black pepper.
- Cook the Sirloin for approx 3 minutes on either side over direct heat for medium-rare.
- You are looking for a golden crust to form.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 10 minutes lightly under foil.
Try next… Our Salt Aged Strip Loin
Join our community on Instagram! Give us a follow @randjyorkshiresfinest.
Sent as a gift to a friend who appreciates great food! amazed at the quality and taste.
He is an ex Restauranteur