Leg of Yorkshire Lamb is a fantastic bone-In and carvery cut joint.
We dry-age these for 7-10 days developing wonderful flavour and texture.
Yorkshire Lamb is farmed on lush hillside grasslands perfect for sheep, not crops. Sheep farming has taken place in Yorkshire for centuries. As a result, the landscape is marked by drystone walls that have kept the sheep secure for centuries. Most Importantly their diet of Yorkshire grass creates a wonderful flavour. After that, we age our lamb on the bone for 7-14 days to create a wonderful texture.
Yorkshire Lamb is currently on some of the finest restaurant tables across the UK, consequently, we are proud to offer you the same quality product to cook and enjoy at home.
Pack Weight ranges from 2.4-3kg to feed 6 – 8 people.
George Howards Recommended Cooking Instructions:
- Allow Leg of Yorkshire Lamb to come up to room temperature.
- Add some knife scores and rub over some olive oil. Next rub in some salt.
- Preheat your oven to 240c
- Place fat side up in an open roasting tin
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes and give it a hot blast.
- Turn down the oven to 170c, add 1/2 pint of lamb/chicken stock and some garlic cloves & some Rosemary on the top and cover in foil.
- Cook for 30 mins per 500g
- Allow to rest under foil for 30mins.
- Carve and serve with sides of your liking.
Try next… Super Seasonal Nidd Sausage
Join our community on Instagram! Give us a follow @randjyorkshiresfinest