Yorkshire’s Finest Free Range Poulard, gives a fresh perspective on quality Yorkshire Chicken.
Poulards inspiration is the French-style of raising chickens on a rich natural diet of graze over 90-120 days.
Cornish Red chickens are used for our Poulards. Slowly grown over 90 days, reared in a high welfare, free roaming environment on Yorkshire grass pastures. The chickens are fed a natural cereal based diet grown on the Pollard family farm. This all contributes to an incredible depth of flavour and succulent texture. They have more fat covering than any standard chicken which results in delicious flavour.
Likewise, Poulards are farmed by the Pollads of Thirkleby. Situated beneath the Kilburn White Horse in the Hambleton hills.
Typical weight range 2.5kg -3kg
Our Recommended Cooking Instructions:
- Firstly, bring the Free Range Poulard to room temperature
- Secondly preheat your oven to 200c
- Season your chicken using salt & pepper and rub some butter under the skin. You can add some lemon and herbs into the cavity too.
- Meanwhile, make a trivet of vegetables.
- Roast in the oven for 1.30 hours, then cover in foil and roast at 180c for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Check the chicken is cooked.
Join our community on Instagram! Give us a follow @randjyorkshiresfinest.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ – Erin
It’s the tastiest chicken we’ve had, happily fed four of us for around 3 meals…..