The Pork Tomahawk Steaks are a pork loin chop with some of the rich and succulent belly left on.
Sold with the rind on to retain the juiciness during cooking and to produce some amazing crackling.
The Pork come from our woodland pork. The pigs are native breeds including Saddlebacks and Gloucester Old Spot, that spend their free-range lives foraging in Yorkshire Woodlands. We only select the very best gilts and when ready we dry age our pork for around 7 days in a special pork dry ageing fridge. This process helps intensify the flavour whilst developing an incredible crackling.
Pack weight ranges between 830- 970g.
Our Recommended Cooking Instructions:
- Firstly bring the Pork Tomahawk Steaks to room temperature
- Heat up a heavy-based pan
- Using tongs place the fat side onto the pan to begin rendering down the fat. Do this for 5 minutes but don’t let it burn.
- Subsequently, sear each side of the Tomahawk for 2-3 minutes till browned
- Put into a very hot oven for 5 minutes to get some crackling.
- Rest for 2 minutes
Try next… Our delicious Pork Belly Squares
Join our community on Instagram! Give us a follow @randjyorkshiresfinest.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ – Carol
My husband said these are the best chops he has ever had!