Cote de Boeuf is the French terminology for Rib of Beef. We use this terminology to create our 680g Salt Aged Cote de Boeuf steaks on the bone.
This is a perfect sharing steak for two people. We age our steaks for a minimum of 50 days in our Himalayan Salt Chamber. The steak comes on the bone enabling even more flavours to develop whilst ageing but also whilst cooking.
Yorkshire beef is some of the finest in the whole of the UK. Selected from herds across this large historic county. Here at Waterford Farm, we farm our own special Grass-fed, slow grown cattle. We farm and age native and continental breeds. As a result, we can meet the various demands of our chefs.
The steak is approximately 650 – 700g, packed in ones.
Our recommended cooking instructions:
- Remove and pat down the Steaks from the fridge 60 minutes pre-cooking to get to room temperature.
- Heat a heavy-based pan till very hot, and add some beef dripping.
- Generously season the steak with salt and black pepper.
- Cook the steak for approx 1-2 minutes on either side for medium-rare.
- Place in a preheated oven at 200, for 10 minutes – turning after 5 minutes.
- Remove the steak from heat and allow to rest for 8-10 minutes lightly under foil.
- Carve the steak off the bone and then slice it before serving with a delicious sauce.
For the Cooks – Try Tom Kerridge Cote De Boeuf’s recipe
Try next… Fore Rib of Beef!
Join our community on Instagram! Give us a follow @randjyorkshiresfinest.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ – Elizabeth