Pork Shoulder is a fantastic joint for your Sunday.
Pork Shoulder is one of the most flavoursome of joints, providing depth of flavour, lovely texture and a great amount of crackling.
The Pork comes from our woodland pigs. The pigs are native breeds including Saddlebacks and Gloucester Old Spot, that spend their free-range lives foraging in Yorkshire Woodlands. We only select the very best gilts and when ready we dry age our pork for around 7 days in a special pork dry ageing fridge. This process helps intensify the flavour whilst developing an incredible crackling
Average weight 1.8-2kg
Our Recommended Cooking Instructions:
- Firstly bring the Pork Shoulder to room temperature
- Meanwhile, prepare a trivet of vegetables.
- Heat your oven to 220c and subsequently season with salt.
- Put into a hot oven for 20-25 minutes till the skin begins to blister
- Remove from the oven and pour in some wine or water around the joint but not touching the skin
- Roast at 170c for 2.5 hours.
- Turn up the heat for a final blast and to create perfect crackling.
- Rest for 20 minutes loosely covered in foil.
Try next… Our delicious Pork Cutlets
Join our community on Instagram! Give us a follow @randjyorkshiresfinest.