These prime 8oz Salt Aged Rump Steak are packed full of flavour.
The 8oz Salt Aged Rump Steak comes off the backside of the cow, so is an active muscle which makes it less tender than sirloin but with more flavour and savouriness and at a more favourable price. We age our rumps in the Himalayan salt chamber. this process helps create a finer texture resulting in a better eating rump steak. Once aged our butchers turn the whole rump into delicious 8oz steaks.
These steaks are fantastic when cooked on a barbecue and served with a chimichurri sauce. The steak’s natural big flavours can withstand lots of flavour competition.
Pack weight to range between 430-470g
Our recommended cooking instructions:
- Heat the BBQ till the charcoal is white
- Remove the Steaks from the fridge for 30-60 minutes pre-cooking to get to room temperature.
- Season with oil, salt and black pepper.
- Cook the Rump for approx 3 minutes on either side over direct heat for medium rare.
- You are looking for a golden crust to form.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 10 minutes lightly under foil.
Try next… Our 45 Day Aged Picanha Rump!
Join our community on Instagram! Give us a follow @randjyorkshiresfinest.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ – David
The best rump steak ever!