Yorkshire Grouse is some of the most prized game in the country.
The Glorious Twelfth is the twelfth day of August, the start of the shooting season for red grouse. The 2023 season is looking promising for numbers and as we progress through the season the price will be adjusted accordingly.
The cooking of Game is what the British do best! It’s what’s makes our cuisine unique from other countries and food cultures.
We are fortunate enough to be located in the centre of the Yorkshire Dales within minutes of some of the finest moorland the country has to offer. All of our wild game birds are sourced from the local moors that surround us Nidderdale, Wensleydale, Coverdale and Swaledale.
Red Grouse shooting season 12 August – 10 December
Our Recommended Cooking Instructions:
- Firstly, bring your Yorkshire Grouse, to room temperature
- Secondly, preheat your oven to 200c
- Meanwhile, season the cavity with black pepper and salt and some thyme
- In a heavy-based pan heat some goose fat and fry some onions and chopped bacon. Then make a small mound in the middle of the tin and place the Grouse on top.
- Roast for 20 minutes
- Remove place some butter on to the breasts and rest under some foil
- Serve and enjoy.
Try Next …Enjoy seasonal produce then try some of our delicious Spring Lamb Rumps
Join our community on Instagram. Give us a follow @randjyorkshiresfinest