Venison Haunch Steaks are delicate, lean steaks from the hind leg that are packed full of gamey flavour.
All of our venison is wild, predominantly sourced from the Western Isles of Scotland.
We have plentiful supplies of Wild Venison here in the UK. With no natural predators, it is up to humans to keep the numbers in balance. Recently less Venison has been consumed and as a result, we are starting to see an impact on our woodlands. More Venison = less saplings = less trees. Without an increase in venison consumption, we risk reducing our native plants and trees and as such weakening our biodiversity.
To sum up, eating more Venison will not only help our environment but subsequently provide you with a lean, iron-rich and delicious meal.
Packed in Twos. Pack weight range between 330-360g
Our Recommended Cooking Instructions:
- Firstly, bring your Venison Haunch Steaks to room temperature
- Secondly, use a heavy-based frying pan get it smoking hot
- Meanwhile, season with plenty of black pepper and salt
- Subsequently, fry the steaks in a little oil for 5 minutes turning regularly.
- Then take off the heat and add some butter and thyme and baste the steaks for around 1-2 minutes.
- Rest for 3 minutes
- Serve and enjoy.
Try Next …Our delicious Venison Sausages
Join our community on Instagram. Give us a follow @randjyorkshiresfinest