Rabbit is a great choice for braising in stews, casseroles and curries or simply slowly roast on a bed of chopped vegetables. Rich dark and full of gamey flavour.
Rabbits are as popular in Spain as chicken is. It is the original ingredient in the famed Pallea. The slower you cook it, the better it will taste
Rich in highly-quality proteins, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B12, and minerals like calcium and potassium, rabbit meat is also lean and low in cholesterol. Its lack of fat means you need to take caution when you prepare it.
Pack weight ranges between 1400 – 1500g.
Our Recommended Cooking Instructions:
- Firstly, chop the rabbit into pieces
- Secondly, preheat your oven to 140c
- Meanwhile, season the rabbit with black pepper and salt and some flour
- In a heavy-based casserole pan brown the rabbit in bunches and then set a side.
- Subsequently, fry off some vegetables in the pan and some bacon. Scrape off the bottom of the pan and then add some chicken stock and wine
- Put the rabbit into the pan making sure it is covered and then place into the oven
- Cover and roast for 2 hours
- Serve and enjoy.
Try Next …Enjoy Game, then why not try our Yorkshire Grouse, Potentially available from August 12th.
Join our community on Instagram. Give us a follow @randjyorkshiresfinest