Oven Ready Woodpigeon have rich dark meat that gives an incredible flavour and a perfect single portion. Ideal for roasting and makes a great choice for Autumn although are in season all year round.
Wood pigeon is a great source of satisfying protein, which helps your body repair cells and make new ones. It is also very sustainable, local and something we would like to see on more tables.
We are fortunate enough to be located in the centre of the Yorkshire Dales within minutes of some of the finest moorland the country has to offer. All of our wild game birds are sourced from the local moors that surround us Nidderdale, Wensleydale, Coverdale and Swaledale.
Please note this product may contain shot.
Pack weight ranges between 250 – 350g
Our Recommended Cooking Instructions:
- Firstly, bring your Woodpigeon to room temperature
- Season the with black pepper and salt
- Preheat your oven to 180c
- Subsequently, fry the pigeon in a oven based pan for around 2 minutes aside till browned. You may have to push down to create an even cooking surface
- Place the pan into your oven for 8-10 minutes and roast with this pigeon breasts facing up
- Meanwhile, make a sauce and sides
- Serve and enjoy
Try Next …Enjoy Game, then why not try our Yorkshire Grouse, Potentially available from August 12th.
Join our community on Instagram. Give us a follow @randjyorkshiresfinest