Our butchers prepare the Diced Game Mix by hand.
This mix contains 5 different game meats depending on the season and may include but not limited to woodpigeon, grouse, rabbit, pheasant, mallard, partridge and venison. It is the perfect solution for slow cooked casseroles and stews, giving an exciting mix of colours, textures and tastes.
Yorkshire Game season is from August to February. We source our game from across the Moors and Dales taking advantage of all the wonderful countryside and organised shoots.
Please note all of our game is the wild and feathered game may contain shot.
This is 500g pack. Pack weight range between 490-510g
Our Recommended Cooking Instructions:
- Firstly, bring your Diced Game Mix to room temperature
- Secondly, chop some vegetables and sweat in a casserole dish.
- Pre heat your oven to 170c
- Meanwhile, season the game mix with plenty of black pepper and salt and then some plain flour
- Subsequently, fry the diced venison in a little oil turning regularly till browned all sides.
- Once browned add into the casserole dish with your vegetables.
- Add some thyme, bay leaf, red wine jus and red wine. Stir and cover.
- Place in your oven for 1.5 hours.
- Serve and enjoy.
Try Next …Our delicious Venison Sausages
Join our community on Instagram. Give us a follow @randjyorkshiresfinest