Tournedos Rossini have been a staple of Café Anglais in Paris, making them symbolic of French Haute Cuisine.
Mini beef fillet chateaubriand barrels are wrapped in a thin layer of pig fat Lardo. This fat helps keep the chateaubriand barrel wonderfully tender whilst giving flavour. The lardo melts away during the cooking, leaving a thin crisp crackling that you can either enjoy or discard.
Yorkshire beef is some of the finest in the whole of the UK. Selected from herds across this large historic county. Here at Waterford Farm, we farm our own special Grass-fed, slow-grown cattle. We farm and age native and continental breeds. As a result, we can meet the various demands of our chefs. Secondly, we have a fantastic network of farmers who all supply us with incredible grass-fed beef.
Our Recommended Cooking Instructions:
Tournedos Rossini are best fried and served on a crouton. Topping with pan-fried foie gras, a madeira sauce, and black truffles is optional.
- Firstly, bring the Rossini to room temperature
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to around 175
- Cook your Rossini for around 4 minutes in a very hot pan creating a nice crust and colour on the pig fat
- Place into the oven for around 12-15 minutes turning over halfway through
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes
- To conclude; serve on a slice of bread, potatoes, or whatever you fancy with a sauce of your choice.
Try Next …Our delicious Beef Wellington
Join our community on Instagram! Give us a follow @randjyorkshiresfinest.