We have one of the largest selections of grass-fed, Himalayan salt aged steaks available. Including the aristocrat of the steaks, the famous Chateaubriand Steak! Cut from the least active part of our Waterford cattle (top end of the full fillet), this sharing steak is one of the most tender cuts available.
As nose to tail butcher supplying kitchens across the UK, we will often have these wonderful steaks on as a special. The reason being is that our chefs tend to prefer the centre cut of the fillet as it is more uniform in its size.
Yorkshire beef is some of the finest in the whole of the UK. Selected from herds across this large historic county. We use both native and continental breeds, enabling us to meet the demands of our chefs for both high-fat content beef and leaner options. We farm our own cattle here at Waterford Farm. Grass-fed, slow grown is the only way we know.
Pack weight to range between 450g-500g
Our Recommended Cooking Instructions:
- Bring Chateaubriand Steak to room temp (1 hour)
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Get a cast iron pan super hot (open windows) add some beef dripping
- Season your steak very well with salt
- Cook your steak and brown on all sides, allowing a crust to form around the whole of the steak.
- Put in the oven for around 16 minutes, turning over after 8 mins.
- Take out of the oven and use a probe to check internal temp around:
- Rare 45°c to 50°c
- Med – Rare 50°c to 55°c
- Medium 55°c to 60°c
- Med – Well 60°c to 65°c
- Well done 65°c to 70°c
- Rest for 20 more minutes. Cut and serve
Try next… Our large Beef Wellington
Join our community on Instagram! Give us a follow @randjyorkshiresfinest.
Fantastic service, packaging AMAZING ! quality of meat is second to none.