Yorkshire’s Finest Loin of Pork comes in around 1.6kg making it a perfect option for a smaller Sunday classic pork roast.
The loin of pork is carefully boned out and rolled by our highly skilled master butchers. The rind is heavily scored and will never fail to provide the crispiest of crackling, encapsulating the juiciest, tender loin eye of meat.
Our loins are taken from our woodland pork. The pigs are native breeds including Saddlebacks and Gloucester Old Spot, that spend their free-range lives foraging in Yorkshire Woodlands. We only select the very best gilts and when ready we dry age our pork for around 7 days in a special pork dry ageing fridge. This process helps intensify the flavour whilst developing an incredible crackling.
Pack weight to range between 1.5-1.8kg
Pictured is a 2-25kg loin.
Our Recommended Cooking Instructions:
- Rub salt into the scored skin around 2 hours pre-cooking, then leave it uncovered in the fridge to dry the skin out.
- Pre heat your oven to 230c and get your pork to room temperature.
- Make a trivet of vegetables and place in a deep roasting tin
- Place the pork on top of the vegetables and then roast in the hot oven for 20 minutes
- Turn down the oven to 170c and then roast the pork for 1,5 hours
- Check the crackling! if not fully crisp, turn up the heat for a further 15 minutes at the end.
- Rest and make a gravy using the roasted vegetables and pork juices.
Try next… Our Italian Inspired Porchetta
Join our community on Instagram! Give us a follow @randjyorkshiresfinest.