Porchetta is famed across Italy, with different regions favouring different flavourings. It is so cherished it has its own festival with chefs competing to make the best Porchetta.
At R&J we have gone with a traditional flavouring as picked by our head butcher. It is closer to the Abruzzo region flavourings as we have added fennel, rosemary and garlic.
This amazing joint can be barbecued or cooked in the oven. It is great for large gatherings, as all you need to provide is some good bread rolls to pack the Porchetta into. It is also great as a Sunday Roast, just make sure you save some for those essential Woodland Porchetta sandwiches the next day!
The Pork come from our woodland pigs. The pigs are native breeds including Saddlebacks and Gloucester Old Spot, that spend their free-range lives foraging in Yorkshire Woodlands. We only select the very best gilts and when ready we dry age our pork for around 7 days in a special pork dry ageing fridge. This process helps intensify the flavour whilst developing an incredible crackling
The weight range is 2.8 – 3.4 kg
Our Recommended Cooking Instructions:
- Firstly bring the Porchetta to room temperature
- Season the scored skin with plenty of salt.
- Meanwhile, Heat up your oven to 160c.
- Place the Porchetta on a trivet of vegetables
- Roast for 3 hours. If you see any burning cover in foil/
- Take off the foil and turn up the oven again to 220c and give a final blast for 15 minutes making sure the cracking is amazing.
- Rest for 30 minutes
- Serve and enjoy.
Try next… If you want to try more food from this famed region of Italy why not try our Lamb Arrosticini
Join our community on Instagram! Give us a follow @randjyorkshiresfinest