The Rack of Lamb is one of the most prestigious cuts of lamb.
Our Butchers find the racks in the upper section of the saddle, directly behind the shoulders. It contains some beautiful soft creamy fat, and is incredibly tender.
We only select the finest Yorkshire Lambs from across this fine historic county.
Yorkshire Lamb is farmed on lush hillside grasslands perfect for sheep, not crops. Sheep farming has taken place in Yorkshire for centuries. As a result, the landscape is marked by drystone walls that have kept the sheep secure for centuries. Most Importantly their diet of Yorkshire grass creates a wonderful flavour. We age our lamb on the bone for 7-14 days to create a wonderful texture.
Yorkshire Lamb is currently on some of the finest restaurant tables across the UK, consequently, we are proud to offer you the same quality product to cook and enjoy at home.
(Pack weight to range between 700-780g)
Recommended cooking instructions:
- Bring the Rack of Lamb to room temperature
- Get a heavy-based ovenproof pan hot
- Season with salt and pepper
- Seal the fat side first in a very hot pan. After that seal the other side
- Place in the oven at 180C for 20mins for Medium rare.
- Finish by basting some garlic and rosemary over the lamb
- Rest and Enjoy
Try next… Our Lamb Shoulder Bone & Rolled
Join our community on Instagram! Give us a follow @randjyorkshiresfinest.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ – Lesly A