US-Style Porterhouse Steak is a large T-bone with both the fillet and sirloin.
Our US-style Porterhouse is from the higher end of the sirloin, compared to our normal T-bone. As a result, you have a decent-sized section of the fillet.
Hereford Beef has been aged for 55 days for this version of For the Cooks, Beef Specials.
Yorkshire beef is some of the finest in the whole of the UK. Selected from herds across this large historic county. Here at Waterford Farm, we farm our own special Grass-fed, slow-grown cattle. We farm and age native and continental breeds. As a result, we can meet the various demands of our chefs. Secondly, we have a fantastic network of farmers who all supply us with incredible grass-fed beef.
The steaks will come in between 950 – 1050g
Our recommended cooking instructions:
- Heat the BBQ till the charcoal is white
- Meanwhile, remove the US-Style Porterhouse Steak from the fridge for 30-60 minutes pre-cooking to get to room temperature.
- Season with oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Cook the steak for approx 6 minutes on either side over direct heat for medium-rare. Have the fillet side facing away from the most intense heat.
- You are looking for a golden crust to form.
- To conclude, remove from heat and allow to rest for 10 minutes lightly under foil.
Try Next: Our Jacob’s Ladder
Join our community on Instagram. Give us a follow @randjyorkshiresfinest