This Small Roasting Chicken is a perfect option for your family’s Sunday roast.
We like to offer these barn raised chickens, as it means we can support families still wanting restaurant-quality products at an affordable price.
The chickens are sourced from poultry barn farms across Yorkshire. These barn-raised chickens are fed a grain-based diet and afforded plenty of space, daylight and bales. We only work with high-quality farm-assured farmers who produce grade A chickens. In doing so we are able to offer you chicken that has been bred to high welfare standards yet is more affordable than our free-range options.
Pack weight ranges between 1.1-1.3kg.
Our Recommended Cooking Instructions:
- Firstly, bring the Small Roasting Chicken to room temperature
- Secondly preheat your oven to 200c
- Season your chicken using salt & pepper and rub some butter under the skin, or layer streaky bacon on the breasts. You can add some lemon and herbs into the cavity too.
- Meanwhile, make a trivet of vegetables.
- Roast in the oven for 1 hour, then cover in foil and roast at 180c for 30 minutes.
- Check the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Most importantly, enjoy.
Try next… Want to feed a few more people than opt for our medium sized roasting chicken.
Join our community on Instagram! Give us a follow @randjyorkshiresfinest.