Our Oven Ready Partridge has delicate and tender flesh, that is pale and full of flavour. Convenient and quick to cook. Perfect for one as a main course or equally enjoyable shared as a starter.
We are fortunate enough to be located in the Yorkshire Dales region within minutes of some of the finest moorland the country has to offer. All of our wild game birds are sourced from the local moors that surround us Nidderdale, Wensleydale, Coverdale and Swaledale.
Please note this product may contain shot.
Pack weight ranges between 300 – 400g
Our Recommended Cooking Instructions:
- Firstly, bring your Oven, Ready Partridge, to room temperature
- Secondly, preheat your oven to 220c
- Meanwhile, season the cavity with black pepper and salt and some thyme
- Place over some streaky bacon, covering the breasts
- In a heavy-based pan heat some oil and fry some onions and chopped bacon. Then make a small mound in the middle of the tin and place the partridge ontop.
- Roast for 15 minutes and then turn down the heat to 170c and roast for 10 minutes
- Remove and rest under some foil, you can use the juices and onions to make a sauce, using cider, wine, red currant etc etc
- Serve and enjoy.
Try Next …Enjoy Game, then why not try our Yorkshire Grouse available from August 12th.
Join our community on Instagram. Give us a follow @randjyorkshiresfinest