8oz Salt Aged Fillet Steak is the most prized and tender steak available.
Fillet steaks are taken from the tenderloin which rests behind the Sirloin. It does very little work and as such is the most tender and prized of the available steaks.
Our 8oz Salt Aged Fillet Steak are salt aged to perfection in our Himalayan Salt Chamber. The ageing process develops an incredible flavour. As a result, they are favoured by many Two Michelin Starred chefs up and down the country.
Yorkshire beef is some of the finest in the whole of the UK. Selected from herds across this large historic county. Here at Waterford Farm, we farm our own special Grass-fed, slow grown cattle. We farm and age native and continental breeds. As a result, we can meet the various demands of our chefs.
Pack weight to range between 430-470g
Our Recommended Cooking Instructions:
- Remove the Fillet Steaks from the fridge for 30 minutes pre-cooking.
- Season with oil, salt and black pepper.
- Place a pan on high heat and add beef dripping to the pan to prevent sticking.
- When the pan is smoking, add the beef and move slightly to stop it from sticking. Sear the sides.
- Cook the fillet for 2-3 minutes on either side but do not move the steak. You are looking for a golden crust to form.
- Add some garlic, thyme and rosemary to the pan and a generous knob of butter. Allow the butter to melt and bubble. then start basting the butter and herbs over the steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
Fancy a cooking challenge, here is Daniel Clifford on James Martin explaining how to cook Yorkshire’s Finest Fillet Steaks.
Try next… Our delicious Salt Aged Cote De Boeuf!
Join our community on Instagram! Give us a follow @randjyorkshiresfinest.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐- Kathryne C
Best Fillet Steaks ever, cut like butter….yummy, definitely buy again.