Yorkshires Finest Horseshoe Gammon Boned & Rolled is a delicious option if you are wanting to make a lean homemade ham.
Our 2.5kg Half Horseshoe Gammon will enable you to create many a great ham recipe, using seasonal ingredients to flavour this delicious bit of pork leg. Low calorie, tender and juicy. Roasts beautifully for a family meal or the best Ham sandwiches or salads.
Our Gammons are taken from our woodland pork. The pigs are native breeds including Saddlebacks and Gloucester Old Spot, that spend their free-range lives foraging in Yorkshire Woodlands. We only select the very best gilts and when ready we dry age our pork for around 7 days in a special pork dry ageing fridge. Post dry ageing we then further cure our gammon joints in house ready for you to enjoy.
Pack weight ranges 2 – 2.5kg
Our Recommended Cooking Instructions:
- Simply rinse in cold water and then place in a pan and bring it to the boil.
- Add bay leaf and any other flavourings, skim off the white residue and gently simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the Gammon from the pan and set aside the cooking liquid/stock (makes a great soup)
- Once cooled, remove the rind, and score the fat in a criss cross fashion. Cover in foil
- Place in a pre heated oven at 160c for 30 minutes
- For the last 30 minutes remove the foil and cover the gammon in a marinade of your choice (honey & mustard for example)
- Baste every 6-10 minutes for the full 30 minutes.
- Once cooked you now have a ham!
- Serve warm or cold.
Try next… Don’t fancy making Ham, try our cooked sliced ham!
Join our community on Instagram! Give us a follow @randjyorkshiresfinest.