If you are one of our customers who are afraid of cooking lamb, thinking it is a complex joint to cook then please follow our super simple yet delicious recipe from cook; George Howard, whose family estate of Castle Howard produces some of the finest Yorkshire Lambs across the Howardian Hills.
George Howards’ Recommended Cooking Instructions:
- Allow the Lamb to come up to room temperature.
- Add some knife scores (if selecting the shoulder) and rub over some olive oil over the meat. Next rub in some salt.
- Preheat your oven to 240c
- Place fat side up in an open roasting tin
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes and give it a hot blast.
- Turn down the oven to 170c, add 1/2 pint of lamb/chicken stock, some whole garlic cloves, rosemary and cover in foil.
- Cook slowly for 30 mins per 500g if the leg, or around 4 hours if the Shoulder
- Allow to rest under foil for 30mins.
- Carve and serve with sides of your liking.